Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

Streamline your diet!

Hey guys! In order to eat healthier and help me slim down I have decided to cut one sugary thing (anything with sugar, corn syrup, artificial sweetener, etc.) out of my diet a week until I am eating virtually sugar free. That may seem really hard considering that I can pretty much assume safely that 50% or more of the items in your pantry have some form of sugar in them, but trust me, at one item a week this "diet streamline" is easy and effective. I have so far stopped sweetening my tea, stopped eating sugary cereals and started eating things like plain Cheerios, stopped eating any type of candy (not including chocolate hahaha), and am about to cut out cookies and cakelike foods! So this is my third week of "diet streamline". If your interested in trying my idea outing sugar/corn syrup here are some tips: 1. Buy a sugar free pasta sauce, many spaghetti sauces and the like use sugar as a filler, which is a completely unnecessary and unhealthy practice, switching to a sugar free pasta sauce is healthy and often times more tasty. 2. If you don't want to cut sugar completely at least try to avoid corn syrup, sugar is a lot healthier than corn syrup and tastes better too, try switching your soda pop from a corn syrup based soda to a sugar/Splenda soda. 3. Avoid food items that say "low fat" these items are often loaded with sugar which is what turns into fat inside your body, and they reduce the amount of good fats that your body needs.I hope you guys take the "streamline diet" challenge with me, as always, be well.

(Disclaimer: I am in no way a health professional, nor am I responsible for any ill effects you may experience if you choose to change your diet. You should always talk to your doctor or a healthcare professional before making a diet change in order to ensure that the change you are making is in your best interest.)
-Ray

1 comment: